What is Chronic Renal Failure
By Dr. Kristiana Fransisca
The Medical Team of PT Masa Cipta Husada
The Cause of The Chronic Kidney disease
Chronic kidney disease is related to other diseases or other health problems that can damage the blood vessels in the kidneys. These two diseases are the most commonproblems that can cause chronic kidney failure
- Diabetes mellitus – uncontrolled high blood sugar level will in the long run damage the kidney blood vessels andaffect the kidney function, The disease is called nephropathy diabetic
- Hipertensi – uncontrolled high blood pressure can also damage the kidney. Excessive pressure in the blood vessels can be harmful for the kidneys.
The data taken from the 7th Report of the Indonesian Renal Registry in 2014 stated that the percentage of kidney failure patients undergoing the hemodialysis were caused by hypertension (37%), diabetes (27%), congenital abnormalities (10%), and others (26%).
Other Causes of the chronic kidney disease :
- Polysystic kidney disorder : the condition when the size of both kidneys are getting bigger because of the cyst. This is a genetical disorder..
- Blockage in the ureter caused by the long term disorders, like kidney stone or prostatic problems.
- Long term use of certain drugs, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs/NSAIDs, including aspirin and ibuprofen
- Erythematosus Immune System (the condition when the body immune systemattacksthe kidney organ)
- The stagnant growth of the embryo kidney organ
According to some research, there are several other factors that can trigger a person to run a risk ofgetting the chronical kidney disease :
- Age – the kidneys start to diminish in size as you get older. This makes kidneys fragile and easily damaged.
- Gender – Compare to female, male runs more risk of getting the chronic kidney disease
- Family history – this disease can be considered genetical if it is caused by these two healthproblems -diabetes and hypertension
- More frequent pee, especially at night
- Itchy skin
- blood or protein in the urine
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Loss of weight
- Loss of appetite and nausea
- Fatigue and weak
- Decrease of mental sharpness
- Uncontrollable blood pressure
- Buildup of fluid that makes the ankles of hands and legsswollen
- Chest Pain due to too much fluid in the heart
- Shortness of breath
People with certain conditions and symptoms ofchronic kidney disease like those who have diabetes and high blood pressure, are advised to get a regular check-up. Keep the healthy lifestyle like taking the healthy food, doing the exercises ,avoiding the alcohol andthe medication that might be harmful to the kidneys. This good habits prevent us from the chronic kidney disease.
== Hope it is useful, Keep healthy ==